There are plenty of events going on during your visit to the Presidents’ Quarters Inn. Here’s a list of events in Savannah in September.
- Savannah’s Fashion Night
- Thursday, Sept. 5
- Stars, models, editors, fashionistas and designers will come together on this special night in Savannah. Broughton Street will be closed down as organizers create a pedestrian friendly atmosphere. Savannah’s Fashion Night promises to be bigger and better than ever. All fashion and designer boutiques are welcome. This one night event will help support the local economy, and will feature the best of Savannah’s art, fashion, design and entertainment.
- First Friday Fireworks on the River
- Friday, Sept. 6
- Head to River Street to celebrate the end of the week and beginning of a new month. This event is free and open to the public. It runs from 7 to 10 p.m. on Historic River Street.
- 2013 Savannah International Food & Wine Tasting
- Saturday, Sept. 7
- The Savannah International Food and Wine Tasting features 12 restaurants, over 50 wines and signature dishes. It’s only $30 in advance or $35 at the door. There will also be a silent auction.
- Revival Fest
- Saturday, Sept. 14
- The Revival Fest is a modern Lowcountry hoedown at Coastal Heritage Society’s Georgia State Railroad Museum. Celebrate locally sourced foods with a farm-to-table focus and other products produced in the area. There will be great music to represent the best of the Southern region.
- Tunnel to Towers 5K Run & Walk
- Saturday, Sep. 14
- This downtown Savannah event is a run and/or walk to honor our bravest. It was created to honor the heroic life and death of Stephen Siller, his 342 FDNY brothers and all 9/11 victims. Tunnel to Towers 5K Run & Walk is approximately 3.1 miles. You can register online or onsite the day of the run.
- Gray’s Reef Ocean Film Festival
- Thursday, Sept. 12-Sunday, Sept. 15
- This festival will host discussions and screen ocean-inspired films. Attend the Gray’s Reef Ocean Film Festival to celebrate the beauty of the oceans, while learning about the importance of keeping them alive.
- Opening Night – Bernstein, Buckley, & Beethoven
- Saturday, Sept. 21
- This event at Lucas Theatre will feature Bernstein’s Overture, followed by the American debut of Buckley’s Violin Concerto, and Beethoven’s most famous composition, Symphony No. 5. Tickets range from $16 to $70.
- Savannah Jazz Festival
- Sunday, Sept. 22-Saturday, Sept. 28
- The largest free festival in the southeast, the Savannah Jazz Festival is sponsored in part by the City of Savannah. All events are free and open to the public during the weeklong festival. Featuring all types of jazz, the Savannah Jazz Festival offers everything from local to international jazz talent.
- YMCA Heart of Savannah 5K
- Saturday, Sept. 28
- All proceeds from the YMCA Heart of Savannah 5K go to benefit the Priceless Gifts Campaign, which supports the YMCA’s financial assistance program. The 5K, 1 Mile Walk and 5K Relay will be held at Forsyth Park, Gaston and Bull Street.
As you fill up your itinerary, don’t forget to reserve your room at the Presidents’ Quarters Inn. Our historic bed and breakfast is nestled in the heart of Savannah’s historic district on Oglethorpe Square. Click here for more on our accommodations.
Photo courtesy of: Ron Cogswell