The good news is you won’t need to find a sitter when visiting Savannah. Start planning your next trip to pet friendly Savannah, starting with the Presidents’ Quarters Inn.
The Presidents’ Quarters Inn combines unparalleled amenities with a great location. Even better, you can bring your furry friend!
We can take animals of 30 pounds or less in our rooms on the first floor, with just a $50 non-refundable pet deposit. Once you stay at the Presidents’ Quarters Inn, you’ll never want to leave home without your pet again. Check here for availability!
Now that you’ve secured your residence for the duration of your vacation, there are plenty of options when it comes to dog friendly dining. Here are a few recommendations from your friends here at the Presidents’ Quarters Inn.
- Kayak Kafe
- 1 East Broughton St.
- This locally owned casual café sits in the heart of Savannah’s historic district. Kayak Kafe is consistently rated the best place in town for fresh salads and seafood. The restaurant prides itself on being pet friendly while offering great food with healthy choices and fresh ingredients. It offers doggie dining at its sidewalk tables, along with water bowls and treats.
- Tortuga’s Island Grille
- 2815 River Drive
- Walk your dog along the riverfront and then dine at Tortuga’s Island Grille. The food is fantastic and your pet can enjoy a bowl of water while you dig into breakfast or lunch.
- Café 37
- 205 E. 37th St.
- Enjoy the food and wine reviewers call “insanely good.” Dine for dinner, lunch or Sunday brunch in the garden with your pet.
- Tubby’s Tank House
- 2909 River Drive
- Tubby’s Tank House is praised for having the freshest seafood in town. Try their delicious weekend brunch. They have two outdoor decks and dogs are allowed on the lower one.
- The Crab Shack
- 40 Estill Hammock Road
- Voted “Best Seafood” and “Best Outdoor Dining” since 1998, The Crab Shack is sure to impress. Restaurant customers can watch local fisherman put their boats in and see what they bring back. The patio is also very welcoming to pups.
After filling your bellies, take a tour of pet friendly Savannah by accessing the walking trails and bike paths. The City of Savannah’s Leash Law does require that all pets be leashed when visiting city parks, squares, business and residential areas. It’s also good to carry a “scooping” device when escorting your animals. There are several tour companies that accept pets as well.
Plantation Carriage Company and Old Savannah Tours, Inc. are available for pet owners with small pets that can sit on the lap of their owner. Savannah Movie Tours has a leash-requirement, and to bring your pet along on Historic Savannah Carriage Tours, just call for permission.
Another hot spot is Troup Square, which is commonly called “Dog Bone Square” because of its elaborate pet friendly fountain. It’s located at Habersham and Charlton Streets near Firefly Café.
Finally, stop by the Grateful Hound, which is the first pet boutique of its kind in Savannah. It offers unique dog-themed gifts, environmentally friendly toys, pet-inspired art and high quality food and treats.
With so much to do and see, you won’t have a problem finding options for fun in pet friendly Savannah. If you need help with reservations or suggestions, don’t hesitate to call our team!
Photo courtesy of: diveofficer