Savannah | GA | Vacation
The historic Savannah inn hotel is named to honor America’s U.S. Presidential visitors. Energized by its past, the historic inn hotel in Savannah GA gives a node to its very civilized pedigree. At home in the Savannah National Landmark Historic District, the two historic mansions were adapted to a tourism lifestyle in 1987.
Today a favorite among Savannah GA vacation lodging, the Savannah historic hotel town-homes of The Presidents’ Quarters reflect modernistic sensibility amid the backdrop of the historic homes’ grand days in Savannah history. There is an unmistakably romantic appeal to the town homes legacy to Savannah’s post-Civil War railroad prowess.
Today the historic place of Savannah GA and The Presidents’ Quarter Inn tempt our imaginations to envision the elaborate balls and parties of a once by-gone era. The historic inn hotel in downtown Savannah GA honors the American Presidents, those who have been Savannah visitors for business travel and leisure. [PRESS RELEASE PDF]
Explore Savannah, a top vacation destination to tourists, popular romantic getaway on the Georgia Coast, romantic resort … even for the business traveler, and cultural arts destination for an artist’s getaway.
The Presidents’ Quarters :: History
Historic Downtown Savannah Hotel | Savannah B&B
No fanfare announced the triumphant acquisition (April 2007) of The Presidents’ Quarters, a small trophy hotel in downtown Savannah, built on British-Colonial Georgia’s Trust Lots in the heart of the world-renown Landmark Historic District of Savannah.
Converted to leisure lodging in 1987, The Presidents’ Quarters pioneered the bed-and-breakfast development of Historic Savannah, giving guests time for some recreational “time travel.” With the added bonus of panoramic courtyard gardens and private balconies, guests enjoy Savannah’s world-famous beauty and temperate out-of-doors year around.
Energized by its past, the downtown Savannah hotel in Savannah GA gives a nod to its very civilized pedigree. On the Trust Lots overlooking Oglethorpe Square (formerly Upper New Square), the family home (ca. 1752) of the Georgia colony’s first Royal Governor, John Reynolds was built. Earlier, a fort was posted along the colony’s palisades that ran roughly along today’s President Street (formerly King Street, prior to the American Revolutionary War).
In 1855 the estate of the prominent William Washington Gordon, whose monument rests in Wright Square, and George W. Anderson (once owner of Lebanon Plantation now on the National Register of Historic Places bought the double trust lot on Oglethorpe Square for ~$1,900 and built twin townhouses for ~$7,600. Juliette Gordon Low, founder of the Girl Scouts of America was the second of six children born to William Washington Gordon and Eleanor Lytle Kinzie Gordon.
These twin town homes offered Savannah’s most prominent citizens the unforgettable, large elegant rooms of the Federal Style mansion. Here, in 1870, General Andrew Lawton, charge d’affaires to the Court of Vienna, received the eminent General Robert E. Lee.
The Savannah Inn’s prominent neighbors on quiet Oglethorpe Square include the renowned Telfair Museum Owens-Thomas House, theChatham-Savannah Metropolitan Planning Commission, Savannah College of Art and Design (named by U.S. News & World Report a Top College in America) administrative offices, and private residences.