They have been showing off Savannah since 1979, which is twice as long as the nearest competitor. A 2013 TripAdvisor winner of the “Certificate of Excellence,” Old Savannah Tours is the largest Savannah-owned and operated tour company. They have been voted best tour each year since 2003, with their tours developed and researched by the people that live in and love Savannah.
There will be no canned, scripted tours when you climb aboard. Each tour is different, and descriptive. You’ll enjoy uniquely personal descriptions of Savannah’s rich history, and re-enactors even appear from time to time! You could see Georgia founder General James Oglethorpe or even a lingering pirate. Those at Old Savannah Tours guarantee you’ll be impressed or you’ll get your money back. You will receive a refund of 100% if they don’t live up to their promise.
So now about those tours… There are several options!
- If you are short on time, you can hop on the historic overview tour for a 90-minute historic overview that includes a narrated sightseeing tour of Savannah. Your guide will take you through more than 270 years of American history regarding one of the largest National Urban Historic Landmarked Districts in the U.S.
- If it’s a comprehensive tour you’re looking for, we suggest the Savannah Experience. It’s a non-stop excursion that will take you through Georgia’s first city, stopping by the familiar sites and the forgotten neighborhoods.
- The most popular of the tours is the Historic On & Off Tour. It is an expanded version of the overview.
- There are seasonal tours and options as well, like the Trolley Tales of Historic Haunts that will take you on a journey into the dark side of America’s most haunted city. There will also be tours available on St. Patrick’s Day and of course special holiday tours that involve lights, music, and decorations!
- And if you want the best of both worlds, the Land and Sea Tour will take you on the paddle boat Savannah River Queen, as well as an Overview or All Day Loop Trolley Tour before or after your dinner cruise.
- Finally, the Discover Savannah Girl Scout Tour promises to make your visit to Savannah one you’ll never forget. You must see the home of the Girl Scouts on your trip!
Now that you know all about Old Savannah Tours, it’s time to plan your trip. Call (800) 517-9007 now to book your tour. And while you’re filling in your itinerary, consider reserving your room with us at the Presidents’ Quarters Inn Bed and Breakfast. Our Inn is nestled in the heart of Savannah’s historic district on Oglethorpe Square. It’s an exclusive location that is just steps away from all the fantastic sights and sounds. We offer seasonal getaway packages and specials that will help you experience all our great city has to offer. We would love to help you plan and book your perfect vacation! Click here to view our rooms and rates!
Photo courtesy of: Old Savannah Tours