Rev your engines and mark your calendars! The Dixieland Cruisers Annual Car Show in Savannah, Georgia takes place this spring. It’s one of the best car shows on the East Coast and features hundreds of classic cars that attract automobile enthusiasts from far and wide. There’s also cash giveaways, an award show, and 50/50 drawings. If you love classic and exotic cars, start planning a trip to the Peach State today! Here are some things you should know about the Dixieland Cruisers.
Everything You need to Know About the Dixieland Cruisers
The Dixieland Cruisers Club was established in 1987 by twelve car enthusiasts. It was named after the Dixieland Drive-In on Victory Drive and was formed to promote various types of auto activities as well as to support charities. Today, the club has over 100 members and includes everything from hot rods and street rods to antiques and rust buckets.
The Dixieland Cruisers host a monthly meeting at Lovezolla’s Pizza in Savannah, and the club attends car shows in Georgia, the Carolinas, and Florida throughout the year. There’s even a cruise to Charleston, South Carolina on the first Wednesday of each month. Other recurring events include:
- Every Friday: Cruise-In at the old Food Lion in Georgetown, SC | 8 PM
- First Saturday: Cruise-In at Arby’s in Rincon, GA and Savannah Cars & Coffee in Habersham Plaza
- First Saturday (March – October): Richmond Hill Cars & Coffee at the Richmond Hill Museum | 9 – 11 a.m.
- Second Saturday: O’Reilly Auto Parts in Swainsboro, GA | 5 – 9 p.m.
- Second Saturday: Advanced Auto Parts in Jesup, GA | 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Third Saturday: 1 University Blvd. in Bluffton, SC | 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Fourth Saturday: Mopar and Muscle Car in Rincon, GA | 6 p.m.
- Fourth Thursday: Carolina Dreamers Monthly Cruise-In in Shelter Cove
- Last Sunday: Cruise-In at Molly McGuire’s in Savannah, GA | 3 – 5 p.m.
Classic Car Show
The Dixieland Cruisers Annual Car and Motorcycle Show is held each year between March and April and is perfect for a day out with dad, grandpa, or the whole family. Here, visitors of all ages can enjoy live entertainment, door prizes, vendors, and lots of special awards and concessions. There’s also a car contest. Participating vehicles are judged on a variety of categories including best in show, best interior, best paint job, and more. Pre-registration is only $15 and same-day registration is $20.
Book Your Stay at the Presidents’ Quarters Inn
Now that you know all about the Dixieland Cruisers, it’s time to start planning your trip to Savannah! Our inn is located in the heart of the historic district and has everything you need for a memorable getaway. Enjoy comfortable accommodations, luxurious amenities, and beautiful views throughout your stay. We even offer a delicious gourmet breakfast each morning! Hurry to our rooms page to see what’s available and contact us today to make your reservations. We look forward to having you!
Want to learn more about the best Savannah events?
Download our free vacation guide!